Thursday, February 15, 2018

I’ve dropped the mop!

Ok. I knew this day would come. I’ve dropped the mop! Literally. I have done virtually nothing to clean my house for about 10 days, except I did change the bed and clean my bathroom because company was coming. LOL  Now I have no idea what I’m supposed to be doing and I can hear my cleaning calendar laughing hysterically in the background.  

Eventually, this will happen to you too, if it hasn’t already. Life has swept me into other details that are much more fun than cleaning house, like making jewelry, helping a few friends in need (i.e., cleaning THEIR house), cooking, and entertaining as my super clean house wanes back into unacceptable dirtiness.  I could continue on this vein but just realized today that I’ve lost control of my cleaning schedule. I actually forgot that I even had one! That is pretty cool for me--the disciplined housekeeper. But I will have to get back to it soon. I have childhood friends coming for an as-yet unscheduled dinner and I know my house has to be cleaned, if not for myself then CLEAN FOR COMPANY!  LOL

Here I go again.  My first step is to actually find the schedule (I know it’s printed somewhere) and then bring it up to date. That involves assessing what I've forgotten to do for all this time, integrating current stuff scheduled on the calendar, deleting any duplicate items, and then assigning new dates to get it done within a minor, self-imposed whirlwind. That’s when the panic and regret will set in and I’ll kick myself in the butt for actually FORGETTING about the schedule. On the other hand, I will be CONGRATULATING myself for having a life and enjoying it. That’s a good sign that my retirement has moved me into a playful state that is well deserved. WOOT WOOT, good job!  


So how is your cleaning calendar working out?






No comments:

Post a Comment