Monday, February 26, 2018

Cleaning those old verticals

Who has those anymore? We do!  You know the story. They came with the house and, at today's prices, they will be expensive to replace with newer technology. That said, other than being outdated, they don't even look used.  I'd rather buy an airline ticket to Arizona than buy new blinds.  Obviously, I have other priorities. Enough said. 


When I redid our bedroom over a year ago with paint and a window dressing, I cut these vertical blinds from floor length to window sill length.  The room really was too small for a full wall of blinds. When I reassembled the room, I knew the day was coming that they would need a nice soaking in hot soapy water and a clean rinse before drying and rehanging.  TODAY was that day!  


I unhung THIRTY of these vertical slats and put them into some hot water and Dawn detergent in the tub. I got on my (padded) knees and used my hands to bathe them individually. I didn't want to stress out my body in that position so I took breaks between soaking and rinsing and drying and hanging.  In between times, I did other minor chores.  It made a big difference when I broke up the time in that way. Usually, I hunker down for hours and push through the UGHS I HATE DOING THIS. This time was easier. I even stopped for lunch! Plus I got exercise and I'm sure I built up my glutes with all the kneeling and maneuvering activities in the tub.

Well, dry and rehung, they look even better than before! Sometimes we never know how much better something can look until we wash it. Maybe it's just that I KNOW they are clean. My living room blinds are next, but not too soon...  They are going to be easier because I won't have to move any furniture. YAY.  That will be my incentive!






2 comments:

  1. Amazing Blog !! Very nice information shared by the author. love to visit here again and again. Get the Carpet Steam Cleaning in Melbourne for the deep cleaning of the carpets and mattresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post about old verticals. Thanks for the sharing.

    Homeplix

    ReplyDelete